Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Vietnamese Caramelised Pork Ribs


Sharing this lipsmackin' recipe from my Vietnamese friend. The flavour of the meat is very subtle, very delicate. Mmmmm!

Braising meat in *coconut juice allows the meat to absorb all its sweetness, lending a unique flavour to the dish.

*the liquid found in young green coconuts, plucked from the tree before they mature (not to be confused with coconut milk)

Ingredients
500 gm pork ribs
2 tbsp sugar
1 cup coconut juice

Marinade
1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp sesame oil

Garnishing
Toasted sesame seeds

Method
1.  Marinate ribs for 1 hour
2.  Caramelize sugar in 1 tbsp of oil
3.  Add ribs, stir until they are well coated with the caramel
4.  Add in coconut juice, and enough water to cover the ribs. Bring to the boil. Lower heat and braise until meat becomes tender (about 30 mins)
5. When the liquid is reduced, stir the ribs until they char lightly on each side.
6. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with rice

10 comments:

  1. My Hubs is so picky and when we make ribs, he hates the BBQ sauce. I have tried making/buying many different kinds. I bet he just might like this marinade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica, that looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you see me? I'm drooling. This dish of ribs looks so mouthwatering!! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to try the coconut, I bet it does add a unique, fun flavor. They sure look good in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum yum! I love Vietnamese food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to pop back to have another look at those ribs they look absolutely delicious

    Have a stickytastic dinner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh this looks so tasty. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. I need to try this the next time I cook ribs.

    ReplyDelete