Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, December 4, 2011

QR Codes


If you're behind in technology like I am, it's never to late!! I learned about QR codes only a couple of days ago! And if you're still clueless about what this thingy is, here's a quick intro.
QR codes are an increasingly-popular way of converting data like website addresses into a form that can be easily scanned. Thus, it’s possible to publish a website address in print, and readers can go to that address without having to type in the address. Interestingly, I've read somewhere that there will be a mobile device for every person on earth by 2015 and that mobile searches have grown by 4x since 2010.
With that in mind, I've just created a QR Code for my blog. You can find it on my left sidebar. Not sure what good it'll do but there is no harm, right?

There are now many free QR Code generators floating in the internet. I used this one to generate mine - http://qrcode.kaywa.com/

Just like barcodes, QR Codes too, needn't be boring.


Love the elephant in this one

HBO's True Blood season 3 was the first TV series to get a designer QR code in an ad

Louis Vuitton

Farmville

LA Tourism Bureau

Albert Einstein

Mona Lisa

9 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to create one of my own, but kept putting it off. Now, you've motivated me to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. following from http://beautysecrets-reviewed.com/2011/12/monday-blog-hop/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Veronica Lee.. thanks for coming by to my blog.. yours look very interesting here.. gonna add you in now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've thought about creating one too. I have seen people create them and then have it tattoo'd on them...interesting concept. So I guess when you meet someone new, they can scan you with their smart phone and get all your information...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very neat! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Veronica! Riki From @Crazyforadeal following from the it's Monday blog hop - I can't add you to my google plus circles until you add me. Hmm. Here's mine, https://plus.google.com/b/115899073114801526824/ I already followed you GFC, but I remember the hermit crab graphic and knew that was you on G+

    ReplyDelete
  7. COOL!!! I just went to that site and made one! :o) But how can I make a cool one like the one that has an elephant?

    I'm so glad I found your blog!! :oD

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. COOL! Ok before I attempt it... how hard and technical is it??

    ReplyDelete