Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Everything I Need To Know About Life I Learned From a Jigsaw Puzzle


Sharing this puzzle analogy of life I received in an e-mail forward.


1. Don’t force a fit. If something is meant to be, it will come together naturally.

2. When things aren’t going so well, take a break. Everything will look different when you return.

3. Be sure to look at the big picture. Getting hung up on the little pieces only leads to frustration.

4. Perseverance pays off. Every important puzzle went together bit by bit, piece by piece.

5. When one spot stops working, move to another. But be sure to come back later (see #4).

6. The Creator of the puzzle gave you the picture as a guidebook. Refer to the Creator’s guidebook often.


7. Variety is the spice of life. It’s the different colors and patterns that make the puzzle interesting.

8. Working together with friends and family makes any task fun.

9. Establish the border first. Boundaries give a sense of security and order.

10. Don’t be afraid to try different combinations. Some matches are surprising.

11.Take time often to celebrate your successes—even little ones.

12. Anything worth doing takes time and effort. A great puzzle can’t be rushed.

13. When you finally reach the last piece, don’t be sad. Rejoice in the masterpiece you’ve made and enjoy a well-deserved rest.

15 comments:

  1. Hi I'm a new follower from the Flock Together Hop! I love this list - what a great idea! Very good life lessons. :o)

    Please feel free to come by my blog, and if you like, follow me back. :o)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an inspirational list. i must admit that sometimes i veer away from what i really want to do, but it's always a great motivation to see the list in front of me--keeps me focused. :)

    hope all's well!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never realized how much the rules of puzzle building mimic real life..lol Love it! Oh and love the new background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was something I just needed to read. Thanks for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true!

    http://theapels.blogspot.com/2011/12/ww-opera-characters.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog! I'm following you from the Flock Together Blog Hop. I hope you will follow Swanky Baby too!

    Swanky Baby
    http://swankybaby.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great analogy! I'll definitely have to keep it in mind when things don't always fit together as I had planned. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, who would've thought that a puzzle could bring such words of wisdom? ;-) Hope you have a great Wednesday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never thought of that before, but what a great connection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a wonderful analogy on life! So true and beautifully put! I am going to have to remember this for my kids! Thank you for sharing this, I needed this today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful way to look at life... because I never "really" give up on a puzzle and I am always determined to finish it off so I can step back and admire it as a whole. (I like 4 and 5... well, I like them all!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I'm a new follower from MBC and your blog is awesome. I love puzzle post, very true statements. I look fwd to your future posts!
    Cheers,
    Tess
    inlovebythebeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those tips!! So perfect. Thanks for linking up with us again at the Sit and Relax hop! Haven't seen you in a while. And you always have such fun stuff on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! the jigsaw puzzle analogy is a piece I wrote in December of 2001 after working on a family puzzle over the Christmas holidays. It's surprising and heart warming to me to see the message is still making the rounds and still speaking to peoples' hearts. God's blessings to you and your readers. Jacquie Sewell

    ReplyDelete