Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Flapper Bears

I made these Gatsby-inspired bears after watching the movie last night. I've watched the 1974 version when I was a teen (yep, I'm that old!) though I never really appreciated it then. But this time, OMG! I was totally enamoured! I love the glitzy style, the flapper costumes and .... well, everything of that era. I would love to travel back in time to the 20s and attend one of those extravagant parties, wearing a fabulous art deco headpiece.
Don't you just love the roaring 20s?

11 comments:

  1. So cute! I'll have to re-see the movie too. I remember reading the book in high school and seeing the movie; I too was a teen in 1974 :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fabulous! And yes I love the fashion of the 20's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love 20s fashion, although I'm not sure if I would have liked living in that time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable, Veronica! Yep, I love the roaring twenties. We studied the novel in High School and then watched the 70s version of the film afterwards. I didn't appreciate it back then either. Maybe if our teacher had made us cookies like yours I would have paid more attention in class. Or maybe not. The sugar high would probably have made us all concerntrate even less! I don't know if I could ever actually bring myself to bite into one of your creations ... they're all just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't The Great Gatsby fantastic? I loved the costumes! Your bears portray the glitz and glamour perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow These are absolutely amazing!
    Did they take very long to create?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! They turned out great! Thanks for stopping by the Creative Exchange Link Party and linking up! Make sure to stop by on Thursday for another installment :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! I do love the 20s. Bring the style back. It beats the 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are too adorable for words. i couldn't even think about eating them if you made these for me. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete