Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 2, 2009

Sand Sculptures of Fiesa 2008

Meet the lovely Great Granny Grandma. Yes, she's an amazing great-grandmother who blogs and she has not one but TWO inspiring blogs -
http://greatgrannygrandma.blogspot.com
http://atfootofcross.blogspot.com


Do visit her blogs and you'll know what I mean. The following pics are from an e-mail she sent me to share. Isn't she sweet?

FIESA is a mega exhibition of sand sculptures held since 2003 in Algarve,Portugal. In each new edition the exhibition is devoted to a different theme.
Here are the pics from the 2008 Hollywood theme.

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind

Phoenix

Harry Potter

The Flintstones

Batman

The Wizard of OZ

Mount Rushmore

Casablanca


The Simpsons

Shrek

8 comments:

  1. Really??! I'm just lucky to get a perfect mound out of my bucket when I flip it at the beach! Look at the detail on Batman! (Is it me or does he have a "package"??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love watching people do this for exhibition. i always seem to see the biblical ones when I go to the beach but these are really cool!
    Yes, Lin, I agree, I think Batman has a 'package'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet plug at the beginning of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing...
    You always find these great treasure!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are incredible. I can't believe that they are made out of sand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning pictures..you always find most neat things...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely amazing, and I will never build a poor excuse for a sand castle again!

    ReplyDelete